Why We Give:
As Christians, we give in response to all that the Lord has given us. When we give it should not be from compulsion, but as cheerful givers - 2 Corinthians 9:7. This cheerful giving is described as being generous, a privilege of sharing in the Lords work, an act of grace, and an act of love for others and God - 2 Corinthians 8:2-8. This biblical kind of giving is worship.
What else the Bible says about giving:
- Giving is a response - Deuteronomy 16:17
- There is joy in giving generously - 1 Chronicles 29:9,
- Giving a "tithe" or tenth - Malachi 3:10; Leviticus 27:30
- Not boasting in our giving - Matthew 6:3-4
- We are more blessed to give than to receive - Acts 20:35
- God's resources are unlimited, our giving is worship, not a provision of His needs - Psalm 50:9-10
- In Person - Every Sunday we receive offerings for the Lord during our regular service times.
- Online - Using Paypal, debit or credit card you can now give online.
- Mail - PO Box 22, Northome, MN 56661
One Time Gift:
Click "Pay using your credit or debit card" in the lower right of the next page if you do not have or want a Paypal to pay with. However, if you use a card instead there is no way to cancel a recurring donation without contacting the treasurer. ( treasurer at hopebethesda.org )
To cancel a recurring donation through your personal paypal account click here